I'm takin' over! That's right, Brian is taking over the blog for about six months to chronicle his journey to physical fitness. Sound exciting? Maybe, maybe not.
So here's the dealio. As many of you know I am an exercisie enthusiast and am currently training for the Garage Games in Woodstock, Ga. This is a competition for crossfit competitors that involves a rigorous 2 day competition involving various forms of torture.
I have been training for this competition for about 2 months and have been posting my progress on facebook. I have gotten many wonderful comments and words of encouragement via FB. I thought I would take it a step further and go a little deeper into my world of physical fitness aspirations.
This need for physical fitness started way back when I peaked out at about 200 pounds. I was fat, miserable, and felt like sheeyat. I have since then done every diet and exercise program out there. Crossfit, P90x, Atkins, Zone, Insanity, starvation. yadda, yadda, yadda. I'm now down about 40 pounds since then but have not reached my ultimate goal. Am I obese? no. Am I fat? no. Am I overweight? According to the all-knowing-medical folks, yes (more on that later). Am I 100% happy with the blood, sweat, and tears that I have put into my efforts? no.
So that's what brings us to this blog. I want to figure out why I'm not happy with my results. Is it for lack of trying or knowledge? Am I just weak? Do I just not give a sh*t? Likely not. I want to use this blog as a way of holding myself accountable by sharing my diet and exercise efforts and mental state and emotions with you.
The last part is of vital importance. Let's face it folks. Loosing weight is as simple as burning more than you put in your mouth. It's that fooking simple. So why can't I as many other millions of people not do just that. I know it's not the knowledge, want, or will power? I feel very strongly that it's in my brain; it's emotional and psychological.
In this blog, I am going to chronical my daily workouts and my intakes - including percentages of protein, carb, and fat intake. All the things people like to see in a exercise program. However, I am also going to document my feelings, emotions, temptations, successes, failures surrounding my diet. Because for me, exercise is easy. I get off on it. Diet, not so much. It's a constant struggle. With coffee and coffee drinks being my mortal enemy (much more on that later).
So, as I sit here and drink my last beer, getting ready to go out and have some fried calamari followed by a scrumptous chocolate, decadent desert, I am planning tomorrow to begin my journey to ultimate physical and mental fitness. Hope u follow me here and share my experiences along the way.
1 comment:
You are only human and all humans want the things that are bad for us. Why choose Corn Flakes when you can have Frosted Flakes.
Post a Comment