Sunday, March 20, 2011

Holy Bean Batman!

My coffee addiction still plagues me every day. Day in and day out I wake up and enjoy the bean. One hour later I'm wrecked. I get that initial high but then crash. I'm starving, irritable, and my workouts are shit. I stuff my face in an effort to ease the pain in my stomach as the acid from the coffee eats my stomach's lining. Even though I'm a beast at exercising, the benefits are negated by the fact that I can't quit eating because my stomach aches from the coffee. Regardless, I still drink it up like nothing happened the day before.
Today, I was at Buck's and all the crossfitters were there pumpin some major weight and looking very healthy. We chatted a bit about our diets. Some were on paleo and some on the zone. Some just eat clean. I confessed to them that if my diet changed I would be so much better off; performance and physically. What I didn't tell them was the reason why my diet sucks. It's not the will power, it's my addiction to this damn thing. I'm not an ingorant man. I know that this shit is bad for me but I continually do it. Why?

Well, let me just say here: HOLY SHIT! I'm not alone! Apparently there are tons of people who have struggled or are struggling with this addictive drug. I was surfing the internet and came across two great websites:
caffeineanonymous.org
caffeineawareness.org
These websites are loaded with information regarding the effects of caffeine, support forums, books and videos on caffeine, and all sorts of other stuff there to help those seeking it. I have an addiction. While it may not be as hurtful as popular illicit drugs, it is still powerfully addictive. Maybe I'm not as crazy as I thought.
Just wanted to share my epiphany with everyone. Caffeine is a drug, it is truly bad for me as it wreaks havoc on my body and mind. I hope tomorrow I can beat this son of bitch and maybe with the help of others I can succeed.


No comments: