
So, I've been hitting pretty hard with the diet and exercise; and absolutely no weight is coming off. In the words of Charlie Brown, AAAAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!! WTF?! Everyone keeps telling me that I've been lifting heavy and that I'm probably gaining muscle. True, my "skinny" jeans marginally fit better and I can now fit into a pair of swimming trunks better but that damn number on the scale will not budge. It's such a psychological thing seeing that number go down; it's very rewarding. And to be doing two-a-day workouts and cutting back on all the junk food yet seeing no results is completely frustrating.
I'm stuck at 166.2#. And according to my BMI of 25.3 I am overweight. (A BMI greater than 25 is overweight and greater than 30 is obese). So, officially I am overweight!!! Really? Hmmmm? The logical part of my brain telsl me this is not true. However, the obsessive, illogical teenage girl inside me says that I am overweight. So, I'm changing gears. Afterall, doing the same thing over and over and getting the same results is the definition of insanity.
So, I'm going to follow my brother's plan. Barry has been losing a lot of weight by decreasing calories and doing more cardio. Now, I know my crossfit friends are gonna ask but who's more fit? A person that is skinny or a person that can clean 135# ten times and not die. The question that needs to be asked is does one want to be fit or look good? I must confess, I want to look good!!! That's right folks, I'm a little narcissistic bastard who wants nothing more than looking good in his blue jeans and skin tight Ed Hardy t-shirt. Not really, but I do feel the need to be below 164# for peace of mind. I'm proud of my brother; he's done great things for his health by dropping the poundages and I think it's awesome!
Therefore, I'm going to do like my brother and take in 1700-1900 calories a day and do more cardio for 2 weeks. I can do anything for 2 weeks, right? One difference though; Barry has been doing his cardio on the elyptical, running, or playing soccer. I'm going to do the Insanity series by Beachbody.
Starting weight: 166.2#
1 comment:
Love the blog and the props. It has been a long and trying 2 months since I started. I am closing in on 20 lbs lost. There is no way I could do your crossfit stuff on my diet so be careful. Well I guess I should just say there is no way I could do your crossfit stuff, period.
I totally get what you are saying about the goal and it is very staisfying to step on that scale and see the work. Although I know I am getting close to when I step on that scale and the lbs quit falling off. My plan then is to increase calories and then give P90X a try, have to admit I am not looking forward to that. Keep up the good work!!!!
Post a Comment