Me and my bro freezin our arses off
Field of Pain
Garret kickin butt in another heat
Almost didn't finish these Well, I'm back from the Garage Games & I survived. It was absolutley incredible. I have never had my butt kicked like that in my life. I now have a new definition of "fit". And let me tell ya, I ain't it. But even tho I may have finished third.....from last, I have come back with a renewed sense of determination and dedication and feel more focused than ever.
So, here's how it all went down:
Day 1 -
WOD 1 - 40 (165#) deadlifts followed by 5k run.
WOD 2 - "Suicide Hill" - run 25 yards up and back muddy hill then ground to overhead 95# x 5 reps, run 50 yards up and back hill then squat 120# sandbag x 10, run 75 yards up and back then do 15 situps, run 100 yards up and down very muddy hill then do 20 pullups. Next, vomit as needed.
WOD 3 - Carry 65# stone 50yds drop, do burpee / broad jumps back, carry 25# plate overhead back, bear crawl back across field, then sprint back across field. Repeat x 3. Then cry for mommy.,
WOD 4 - Clean and throw 95# up and down 50 yard field x 10
Day 2 -
WOD 1 - 21, 15, 9 reps of 95# ground to overhead and burpees
WOD 1 - 21, 15, 9 reps of 95# ground to overhead and burpees
WOD 2 - row 300m, clean 65# stone x 5, carry it across 25 yds, clean stone x 5, carry it back, row 300m, clean stone x 5, carry it across, clean stone x 5, carry it back, row 200 m.
The only DNF I got was on the bear crawls and burpees field due to time limits. And even tho I may have finished damn near last, I did finish and feel great. I did really well on the DL / 5k and the clean and throws. Seriously, thought I was gonna quit the GTO/ burpee WOD. But with the help of my brother and Garret cheering me on, I made it. The 5k beat the sheeyat out my right knee. They had to wrap it after the first WOD and pretty much hurt the whole day. I think next time if there is a run, I'll probably skip the event because of my old man knees. Also, I really don't think long distance running is crossfit - it's not functional.
The whole experience was great and quite frankly, life changing. The weekend was filled with this counter-culture of fitness, everyone with a common goal of bettering themselves mentally, physically, and spiritually. All the competitors and judges were so helpful; people were cheering each other on and generally wanting folks to do their best. There was this one WOD where I was almost not gonna finish and I had this group of guys, complete strangers, yelling at me at the top of their lungs to get off my ass and finish! And I did.
If anyone has a chance, I highly recommend going to an event. The Garage Games has 10 more events over the rest of the year. Most are in GA, some in TN and AL. Check out their website for event listings.
I'm gonna take a couple of days off and when I can feel my legs again I'll start training for the event in March. This weekend I learned from some of my mistakes. One being, I need to work on my exercises being timed. The time factor is paramount. Also, my diet is crap, and I now know what I have to do. All the CF guys say go paleo. Well, I like my brown rice and oatmeal too much. And the Zone is just not enough calories. So, I'm gonna do what's called the "Zoleo" diet. Sort of a cross between the two. Got some great recipes at the Games I can't wait to try!
Last, yesterday was a rest day. No exercise
Diet- 2270 calories, 27% protein, 26% carbs, 36% fat.
I have an official weigh in at 168.8#. (Woof! - is that muscle or fat? I hope the prior)
I weighed in this morning at 166.6#.
Diet- 2270 calories, 27% protein, 26% carbs, 36% fat.
I have an official weigh in at 168.8#. (Woof! - is that muscle or fat? I hope the prior)
I weighed in this morning at 166.6#.
No comments:
Post a Comment